Niagara Falls Navigating
Directions from Metro Toronto
Follow the Q.E.W. Niagara around the Golden Horse Shoe to the Niagara Peninsula.
Continue on the Q.E.W Niagara to Hwy. 420 and into the City of Niagara Falls.
From Southwestern Ontario & Detroit, Michigan
Follow Hwy. 401 East to Hwy. 403 at Hamilton.
Continue on Hwy. 403 to Q.E.W. Niagara and proceed through Niagara to Hwy. 420 into
the City of Niagara Falls.
From the Kitchener/Waterloo Area
Follow the Hwy. 401 East to Hwy. 6. Follow Hwy. 6 to Hwy. 403 East for a short distance
and watch for signs to Q.E.W. Niagara. Follow Q.E.W. Niagara to Hwy. 420 into the City of Niagara Falls.
From New York State:
Take the New York State Thruway (I-90) from New York City & Albany west to Buffalo.
Just west of Buffalo-Niagara International Airport,
connecting to bypass routes Hwy. #290 and #190 into Niagara Falls, NY. (the #190 has a 50 cent toll onto/across Grand Island in both directions)
Along the Niagara River there are 4 International Bridges. They are:
- The International Peace Bridge located between Buffalo, N.Y. and Fort Erie, Ontario
- The Rainbow International Bridge located between Niagara Falls, N.Y. and Niagara Falls, Ontario (905-354-5641)
- The Whirlpool International Bridge located between Niagara Falls, N.Y. and Niagara Falls, Ontario (905-354-5641)
- The Lewiston - Queenston International Bridge located between Lewiston, N.Y. and Queenston, Ontario (905-354-5641)
Canadian Government's border crossing times information
Take the 190, New York State Throughway north until you see the exit for Peace Bridge to Fort Erie (exit right to Canada at this point, continuing west/north on the QEW Queen Elizabeth Way) or continue north on #190 to Niagara Falls, NY.
The Highway crosses the Niagara River twice (onto and the off of Grand Island). Immediately after second crossing, exit right onto the Robert Moses Niagara Parkway, heading west into Niagara Falls, New York.
You can see maps by click on "Nearby
Navigating your way around Niagara Falls is easy, if you keep the following facts in mind:
- All Street and Roads in the City of Niagara Falls run in either a north-south direction or an east-west direction.
- To the east you run into the Niagara River, to the west (eventually) is the Welland Canal.
- House numbers increment upwards from the east, and upwards from the north
- All house numbers are in a grid system so house numbers on one street roughly match those on any other street running in the same direction anywhere in Niagara Falls.
- Be patient with visiting drivers in the tourism/commercial routes (Clifton Hill, Center Street, Victoria Avenue, Falls Avenue, Ferry Street, Lundy's Lane, Stanley Avenue and the Niagara River Parkway), which are also the most congested.